Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, July 21, 2017

Hobbies That Cost Me Sleep

My card collecting rarely costs me sleep.  A few times I stayed up late because an auction was ending on some Kellogg's cards.  Really, only a few times.  Usually I just put in a bid and I am done with it.



I wouldn't stay up late for an individual card like this Rose, but I might do so for a large lot of cards or something unique like an uncut sheet.

I do lose sleep when the National is out of town since I've always driven to the event.  Last year that was definitely the case as I started the day in PA, went to the show in NJ and then drove for six hours after the show.

Liking golf, track and the Tour de France makes this week fun.  It also makes it difficult if I wake up in the middle of the night because I'm likely to turn on The Tour or The Open which means I end up not getting back to sleep too quickly.

2 comments:

  1. 6 hour drive after a show? Now that's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That six-hour drive was more about my running that the card show. Both are fun for me.

    ReplyDelete