Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, July 26, 2017

More About the Weather

I am sitting on a balcony watching/listening to one of the loudest storms I've ever witnessed.  Lots of thunder, lightning and now heavy rains.  It's great when you are on a balcony, but I don't enjoy it as much during a run, a bike ride, when caddying as a kid and when there are things to do.

Here are a few nicknames while I keep thinking about sprinting through the National for two hours on Friday.

Thunder - Andre Thornton



Louisiana Lightning - Ron Guidry

How have I yet to get his picture in here?

The Human Rain Delay - Mike Hargrove



Sure, I've mentioned these before, but that's what I've got on my mind today.   Hargrove and Thornton were teammates in Cleveland.  Too bad that Thornton and Guidry weren't teammates.  Wait, they were all-star teammates in 1982.

Who won lightning or thunder?  Thunder had 2 homers against lightning in 61 plate appearances.  The .137 average and five RBIs also favors lightning as thunder hit .254 for his career.


1 comment: