Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, July 14, 2017

Sportscard Market Report Price Guide

I didn't know that the SMR Price Guide stuff was available free online.  Is it always?  Here is the one from 1970 Kellogg's football cards.

https://www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide/football-card-values/1970-kelloggs/687

This doesn't mean a lot to me since I'm not really into getting cards graded.  It is good to know more about Kellogg's cards since we each have our own way of collecting.



I have so few graded cards that I didn't even find one quickly to post here.  Too close to bed time to worry about that.

4 comments:

  1. One of my current hobby goals is to build a PSA 8 (or higher) 1970 Kellogg's Oakland A's team set. So far... I only have the Reggie. But the others are pretty affordable. I hope to have the project finished sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great goal. It is also right up my alley - affordable. Do you worry that your PSA card could end up cracking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't really think about that until now. Have you heard other collectors complain about this problem?

      Delete
  3. I have read that PSA will grade Kellogg's cards that are curled and that the grade is not impacted by it being curled. As you probably know, if forced to be flattened, some of the cards will crack. The PSA slab certainly will flatten them.

    I opened a bunch of 1970 Kellogg's packs a few years ago. They all had a slight curl. I placed them in top loaders which allow a bit of room for a slight curl to remain. A few of those cards did crack so I moved them to nine-pocket pages. That change seems to have kept them from cracking.

    ReplyDelete