Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shutout at the Flea Market Today

I saw lots of memorabilia and cards at the Rosemont, IL flea market today.  If you get the chance to go, I'd say it is worth the time.

I didn't buy anything from my main interests - Kellogg's, Hostess, Sportscasters, Starting Lineups, track and field items and Western Open golf items.  I saw some hostess cards, but no panels.

I didn't see any Kellogg's cards.  The last few times there I picked up at least a handful each time.  I saw cards from all major sports, lots of packs, plenty of Starting Lineups and even some vintage cards.

What did I buy?  I bought a 1987 Fleer Baseball factory set that wasn't sealed and a 1993 Topps Baseball Vending Box from Series 1.  They were so cheap that I was expecting nothing from them.  The Fleer cards were all perfect except for one.  You guessed it, the Bonds.  It had two bad corners even though no tother cards did.

The Topps vending box was fun to open.  I didn't buy many cards that year so I don't remember all of them.  The conditions were fantastic.  With only 398 cards in Series 1, I was bound to get some doubles.  I think that the only star card that I got doubles of was Jeter's draft pick card.  That was nice.

I also bought about 30 match books from the 1930s.  These were mostly of baseball players, but there were also a few football and hockey players.

This was my first trip there this year.  I hope to get back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment