Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, June 2, 2018

1972 Kellogg's Unopened Packs Update and Question

I picked up a Reggie Jackson in its original wrapper this week.   It has been common to find the unopened packs with the card number written on the back.  Did any of you ever do that?  If so, why?

For most of the sets you can see the card number if you put in a bit of effort.  Today, one can just read the name on the front or back and look online for a checklist to determine the card number.  I realize, and remember, that in 1972 there was no using the internet to get a checklist.

I'm not concerned with some writing on the back, especially for the star cards in the set.  I don't like writing on the front of the card. 

Now I am down to needing eight unopened packs for the 1972 set - Seaver, Rose, Gibson, Williams, Brock, Clemente, Stargell and Mays. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never owned an unopened vintage Kellogg's pack, so I never had the opportunity to write on it. Although I can see why collectors did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will need to send you one. Do you have any favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. That's super generous, but that's way too much. I'll just live vicariously though you and this blog.

      Delete
  3. Fuji what is your favorite Team ? I can send you a couple..:)

    ReplyDelete