Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, June 10, 2018

Got Chocolate Milk?

Yogi Berra used to be a pitchman for Yoo-Hoo Chocolate drink.  I know that doesn't really compare to chocolate milk, but I've had chocolate milk on my brain, my clothing and my stomach since yesterday.

I was dumb enough to join a bunch of high schoolers in a chocolate milk mile yesterday.  The event was held on an outdoor track, so a full mile is just over four laps.  When the race begins the competitors drink 12 ounces of chocolate milk and then run a lap.  For the next three laps the drinking precedes running the lap.  

The clock doesn't stop when one is trying to drink the mile, so speed there is important.  To make things worse, the meet directors chose the thickest chocolate milk that they could find.  That didn't make things easier.  

I managed to complete the event with a surprising total of zero in the all-important vomit count.  I really expected to hurl with 48 ounces of chocolate milk in me.  My son exceeded my total by five - he barfed three times in the race and twice afterwards.  To add insult to his upchucking, anyone hurling during the event has to run an extra lap.  He did the lap before even being told to do so.  I think there were plenty of competitors who skipped this penalty.  

Will I do it next year?  Yes.



3 comments:

  1. Oh man... that's one of my favorite things (chocolate milk) combined with two of my least favorite things (running and barfing). Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen pictures, but not video of my race. I've heard that someone from my team has already sent it around to others, but I've yet to see it. Since I did okay I'm not worried. The others might not want to see themselves contesting this event

    ReplyDelete