Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, November 11, 2018

I Saw This At A Card Show Today...........

....and now I see it on my table.

For those who are trying to dump lots of Kellogg's cards check with me.  I like stuff like this even though it doesn't command the big bucks.  I rarely sell stuff, but some day I' going to need to get to that since I buy stuff that I don't always need.  


When I saw the box above I was quite surprised.  Yeah, I saw lots of damaged wrappers which automatically led me to know that the packs would all be from 1980.  When I was told that the price was 2 for $1.00 I quickly tried to guess how many cards were in the box.  Before I could even get an estimate, I was given such a good price for the box that I bought it without looking at a single card.

I expected to see the worst players in the set, but I was okay with that too.  There were 68 cards not int the packages and another 26 where the package was extremely destroyed.  Can you guess how many sealed packs were in this 3,200 count monster box?







These were easy to sort because they were mostly in order already.  That was good and bad.  It was bad because there weren't many surprises.




49 different players are included in this lot so there are certainly a few stars.  More stats tomorrow after I clean up this pile before the cat jumps on the table.  Let's just say that I've got lots of cards available for trade.  

Too bad this is the absolute worst year for Kellogg's card wrappers.   I've mentioned before that these wrappers didn't stand the test of time.  Their two-piece construction was prone to separation.  Luckily, a high percentage of the packs seem to be firmly sealed.  


1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes. Sweet find! Can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete