Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Another Post About Kellogg's Baseball Card Factory Sets

I've only got good data from 1978 on the mailing boxes used for Kellogg's factory sets.  I will need to search online later today to see if I can find other boxes.  In a previous post (Kellogg's Factory Sets - Box Sizes) I mentioned the dimensions of each box from 1978 to 1983.  Now I will show a picture of the text on the box - Pull to Open.

The arrows and color of this text seemed to vary.  If anyone can add to this information, please do so.

1978 - this short box had elongated blue arrows.  I also have a long box that has these same arrows and contains the 1979 set.




1979 - I only have one 1979 box with the blue arrows shown above.  I have a few others that look just like the 1980 box.  The pictures are not scaled exactly, so I'd need to measure to see if the arrows differ at all.  Are the border markings random or different?

Below is a a1979 box.



1980 - see 1979.   Here is a 1980 box.



1981 - This box size is different from 1979 and 1980 so it is easy to distinguish.


1982 - the box size and arrows are similar to 1983.  The tail of the 1982 arrow seems a bit different than the 1983 tail.  I will need to check to see if that is consistent for telling these two apart.



1983 - see 1982.  The boxes are the same size, but there seems to be some color difference.



Does anyone have a factory box with red ink?  I picked up some boxes with the red arrows.  I opened one and it contained 1979 cards - red letters and thin card stock.  




Some of my factory sets have their mailing labels.  Does that help to determine the year?

2 comments:

  1. Very cool breakdown. This will be a very useful guide if I purchase any factory sets in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my main reasons for starting the blog - when I am away from home I know where to find information on Kellogg's cards. Now I've got to find older stuff.

    ReplyDelete