Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, February 9, 2019

Good Thing No One Ran This Path in a Few Days

I found $5 while running today after coaching.  The bill was under some water, which was probably ice for the last week.  That's good for two packs of cards.  Last year I actually found $20 while running, which is good for a few packs of cards.

In 1976 I found $10 while walking on my paper route.  That would have been good for buying an entire box of cards.  I remember going to White Hen Pantry and splitting an entire box with one of my friends.  That was quite a surprise to the person at the register since we usually bought about 4 - 6 packs each.

Shortly after that, when I was searching for my final two cards in the set, Dusty Baker and Jim Spencer, we crossed the street to Crestline Pharmacy for a few packs.  That's when I opened the packs to find that traded cards were inserted.  Now I had more cards to chase.  Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's always nice when you find money on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New family tradition started last year - I give it to my daughter and she thinks that is so great to have $5.

    ReplyDelete