Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, August 6, 2015

Goose Gossage, Saves and Grasshoppers Galore

On this day in 1988 Goose Gossage became the second player to record 300 saves in a season joining Rollie Fingers.  The way pitchers are used today that number is no longer a big deal.



Yesterday I ran in a park that was named for Gossage in Colorado Springs, his hometown.  Thanks to him for a nice park.  I enjoyed the run.

Also on this day in 1972 a minor league game is postponed when thousands of grasshoppers descend on the field when the lights are turned on for the second game of a doubleheader in Amarillo, Texas.  I would love to see pictures of that mess.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard that about the grasshoppers . . . the only grasshopper from the 70s I was aware of was the one on Kung Fu.

    ReplyDelete