Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The First MLB Draft - 1965 - Players From the Top of This Draft Who Got a Kellogg's Cards

Here are some of the players drafted in the first draft in 1965.  824 players were drafted in 72 rounds.

**** I'm having problems uploading now, so just some boring text this time ****

1.  Rick Monday.  One of my favorite Cubs.

3.  Joe Coleman.  I have way too many of his 1973 Kellogg's cards.

7.  Ray Fosse.  Not going to blame Pete Rose.

36.  Johnny Bench.  Krylon Blue anyone?

38.  Larry Hisle.  He got a few posts earlier in the year when I started this blog.

39.  Danny Thompson.  I would remember him more if he had played in the NL.

226 Nolan Ryan.  That's how baseball works.  There are plenty of Hall of Famers way down on these lists.

421 Freddie Patek was the lowest player drafted in 1965 to get on a Kellogg's card.

No comments:

Post a Comment