Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Which Kellogg's Baseball Card Shows One of My Favorite Players?

These two cards were selected randomly, but now I want to look at the players further.  They were picked because they were back to back in my binder of 1983 Kellogg's cards.  

Both were long-time NL stars.  I will just tell you now that Murphy was one of my favorite players when he wasn't playing against the Cubs.  He just did his job and went on his way.  I don't have anything bad to say about Hall-of-Famer Steve Carlton, but he played against the Cubs more frequently so it was easier not to like him.

Murphy only batted 49 times against Carlton.  He hit 5 homers and had nine RBIs.


The 162-game schedule with 12 NL teams worked out great.  The Cubs played the other five NL east teams 18 times (9 at each site) and the six NL West teams 12 times (6 at each site).  I loved that schedule.  Every year I'd see every NL team since they usually all came to town on the weekend at least once.  




No comments:

Post a Comment