Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, August 21, 2016

Answers to Yesterday's Kellogg's Questions

Here are my best answers to yesterday's questions.  I could easily be off by a few but I'm trusting the Kellogg's database that I created.  Let me know if I missed anyone.

1.  How many different players were pictured on the cards?  This includes the 1972 All-Time Greats Set and the 1991-92 All-Star sets.

I came up with 387 different players. 

2.  Of the players included, what percentage of the players only appeared on one card?

I was surprised to find out that nearly half of the players (189) appeared only once.  198 players appeared at least twice.  So, 48.8% appeared only once.  Blame some of that on the 1977 set which has lots of guys who are only in that set.

3.  Which Hall of Famers appeared least often (twice) - excluding the All-Star sets and the All Tine Greats set?  I counted at least six players who match this.

Luis Aparicio, Orlando Cepeda, Dennis Eckersley, Juan Marichal, Paul Molitor, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson and Ozzie Smith.  

4.  Which likely future Hall of Famers appeared only once - again excluding the All-Star sets and the All Tine Greats set?

How about Harold Baines, Minnie Minoso and Alan Trammell?

No comments:

Post a Comment