Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, August 14, 2016

More Thoughts on the 1971 Kellogg's Proof Sheet That I Didn't Purchase

A little over a year ago there were a lot of Kellogg's proof sheets available in an auction.  Most sold for a lot more than I could afford.  What did I do about it?  I kept the pictures posted in the auction.

Here is the proof sheet from the National once again.



Here is a full sheet that was sold in the auction.


It looks like I properly followed the pattern to name the other six cards.  I do wonder why someone cut the sheet so that only one of each card is showing.  The original sheet has four of each card, which matches most of the other sheets that were in the auction.

There was not a lot of star power on this sheet, so a few of the other sheets must be amazing.  The one with seven Hall of Famers is awesome.  More on that sheet in the future.

I will look at other sheets in the future and maybe even consider a player's position on the sheet and how it impacts card grading.

Does anyone know if there is something on the sheet that determines which print run it is?  For the sheets that I don't own the image quality isn't useful when zooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment