Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 21, 2017

Kellogg's Card Set - Not From Cereal

How does this Lenny Wilkens fit into Kellogg's sets?  In 2007 Kellogg's produced this card and used it to promote a few of their products.

The artist, James Florentino, is listed on the back of the card.  His website mentions that he created seven cards for this promotion.  I haven't seen a checklist but by looking around it seems that the set includes Wikens, Troy Aikman, David Robinson, Kyle Busch, Kristi Yamaguchi, Hank Aaron and Peter Jacobsen.

This was a mail-in offer.  I've seen six different cards available online.  I've not see a Peter Jacobsen card.  Too bad, because that's the one that I want most.



Lots of work on the back.



The certificate of authenticity is included separately.  Is that useful? 



2 comments:

  1. I had never seen the Wilkens until today. Sure glad you wrote this post. I'll add this card to my wantlist. So far, I have the Yamaguchi, Robinson, Aikman, and Aaron. If you're bored, here's the post I wrote about them:

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2015/10/kelloggs-is-more-than-cereal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I am doing this blog. I want to find all of these things or have someone else find these things and pass the information along to me.

    Nice post. I've seen the Kyle Busch but I've not found any information about the Peter Jacobsen card. Does anyone have any information on it?

    ReplyDelete