Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, October 15, 2018

Getting My New Macbook Back to Where It Was

I still didn't find my backup hard drive so that I can get some of my checklists for Kellogg's and Sportscaster cards back on the Macbook.  At least I finally got the baseball database loaded again.  One problem - I added a table on the database to link all of the Kellogg's cards to the baseball data for every player.  I need my backup for that. 

My checklist hasn't changed recently since I've not been purchasing anything.  I haven't gone to flea markets much this year due to marathon training on the weekends and the card shows don't exist much.  Online I haven't seen much to buy, plus once it comes to getting a duplicate I am not willing to pay much.

My favorite purchases are large lots that I can dig though, but I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. 


In the 1970s we'd get mis-cut Topps cards all of the time.  I don't see many Kellogg's cards like that.  I'd like to get some of these, especially for some of my favorites - Cubs, Gehrig, 1773, 1974, 1976. 

4 comments:

  1. My MacBook is about to turn 5 years old next month. It still does the job... but I'm debating on whether or not to buy a new one before this one dies. The only downside is they're so darn expensive. Lol. It's like a year's worth of my hobby budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I teach at a private school (lower pay!), they did purchase it for me. Otherwise, I'd be stuck with my 20-year-old Gateway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I have a district issued Mac Book Air. But I don't like putting my personal stuff on that computer. However... I do take it on trips with me, since it's much thinner and lighter than my Mac Book Pro.

      Delete
  3. I abstain from Apple products whenever I can... pure tech geek bias... I like to build my machines and I buy open box laptops for the cheapest price I can find. Carrying around a $180 Chromebook.

    BTW - Sent you a couple emails. I have the 72 Osteen you're looking for. No charge, just send me an address. Small price to pay for the work you've done on this blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete