Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, March 1, 2020

Kellogg's Olympic Champions

I mentioned this set before.  This is one of my favorite sets.  I found that they did another one for soccer in Europe but I doubt that I will collect that one.


There is lots to learn on these cards but I guess the internet has made them less interesting to the younger crowd.

I am trying to assemble the entire set in the original wrappers.  I have the set opened and they are great, but I need #13 (4x400 relay) and #18 (Javelin). 

Does anyone ever see these or the small poster to display all 20 cards?

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen these before... but they look really cool. Is that a dial at the bottom of your decathlon card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this opens up like a booklet and there is a dial that pulls out. It is a lot of effort for a give-away item. The pull-out even has different text on each side.

    I know that they've got track and soccer cards like this. I wonder if there are other European sports that have something like this.

    ReplyDelete