Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, March 22, 2020

Kellogg's Unopened Packs - How Are They Produced?

I've got a few of these strips of unopened Kellogg's packs from the 1991 and 1992 All-Star sets. 



Has anyone seen anything like this from any of the other Kellogg's sets? 

I noticed that most of the strips that I have contain a pattern of three consecutive cards of each player as shown in the strips of cards above.  Does anyone know more about patterns from other products.

This is another one of the things I like about Kellogg's cards.  I can work on this, learn from others and wait for a day when something else would show up.

Wouldn't it be great if a three-card strip of one of your favorite players or cards appeared?  Is your favorite player Ralph Kiner or Tony Perez? 

There are a bunch of Kellogg's cards that I'd love to see in that fashion - my first ones, my favorite ones, some Cubs, etc.  Not that I would turn down a Mays, Clemente, Ryan, Rose, etc. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that there are three of the same player in a row. Maybe someone from the factory snuck these into their pockets and walked them out the back door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be where they originated. By 1991-92 in this hobby, this was probably a lot more likely to happen than in 1970.

    ReplyDelete