Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, March 21, 2020

Stay-at-Home Order - Kellogg's Card Trading Time?

I've been home for a week now doing e-teaching.  I've taken advantage of this time to eat better, exercise better and organize my Kellogg's cards more.  Eventually I will need to work on the house too.  I've gained lots of time since I no longer commute an hour each way to school.

Since many of you are in similar circumstances, how about checking to see what Kellogg's cards you'd like to trade.  I don't like to sell my duplicates too much but I'd be up for trading.  I have nice cards and damaged cards to trade.  I am a set builder by nature so I am looking to complete some of those this year.  I certainly have time to pack things nowadays and as long as the USPS keeps coming to my house I can get stuff sent out.

Sure everyone wants/needs Rose, Ryan, Mays, Clemente, etc.  I am always short on those cards for sets and other project.  How about some of these other needs that I have?  For some of these I need more than one for some projects.  I am looking for these cards in nice, crack-free condition.

1970 McLain, Lolich, Cullen, Alou, Epstein, Horlen, Powell, Reichardt, Singer, May
1972 Stargell
1973 Blass, Fisk, Tolan, Blyleven, Brock, Broberg, Sanguillen, Kaline
1974 Gibson, Monday, Coleman, Campaneris, Fisk, Palmer, Santo, Luzinski
1975 Bench, Fingers, Morgan, Brock
1976 Morgan, Bench, Munson
1977 Jenkins, Brett, Winfield, Fingers
1978 Schmidt
1979 Eckersley, Yastrzemski, Reggie Jackson
1981 Schmidt, Brett, Henderson, Ryan
1982 Ryan, Jackson
1983 Schmidt

My unopened needs haven't changed.  They are posted on the home page of my blog.

I am also working on getting sets of damaged/cracked cards.  This is fun and affordable for me.  Here are cards I need for these sets.  I will take these in poor condition if that is what is available.

1970 ATG Gehrig, Ruth #14

1970 Lolich, Kaline, Nolan, Bench, Jones, Seaver, Powell, Clemente, Jackson, Allen, Culp, Odom, Hisle

1971 (with Xograph only on the back bottom left instead of 1970 Xograph) - Clemente, Mays, F. Robinson, Merritt, Cater, McCovey, Blair, Stottlemyre, Kaline, May, Banks, Killebrew, Palmer, Torre, Rose, Monday

1971 variations (with 1970 Xograph on the back bottom left) - Robertson (95 RBI), Merritt (219 BB), Cardenal (829 H), Dobson (625 SO), McCovey (1400 H), Blair (385 R), Stottlemyre (880 AO), Gaston (113 R), Dietz (199 RBI), May (273 H), Dierker (875 SO), Cuellar (990 SO), McNally (1067 SO), Palmer (567 SO), Northrup (2772 AB).

1971 Any damaged variation needed Sutton, Dierker, A. Johnson, McCovey, Clemente, Stargell

1972 Freehan, Johnson, McDowell, May, Rojas, Blass, Williams, Marichal, Clemente

1974 Colbert, Jackson, Bench, Mayberry, Rose, Seaver, Blyleven, Murcer, Watson, Speier, Kelly, Blomberg, Johnson

1975 Jenkins, Zisk, Montanez, Hunter, Yastrzemski, Jackson, E. Maddox, B. Robinson, Jones, Rudi, Piniella, Grubb, Geronimo, Schmidt, Rose

1976 Busby, Reuss, Griffey, Munson, Rose

1977 Fidrych, Kingman, Maddox, Carlton

1978 Schmidt, Munson, Bowa, Carton, Maddox, McCovey


I haven't forgotten Kellogg's football cards.  I will probably start working on a damaged set from 1971.  From 1970 I am only missing stars - Simpson, Butkus and Sayers.  I am missing them from both nice and damaged sets that I am working on completing.

I can be e-mailed at runforekelloggs@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you've been able to e-teach from home. I think my district is still trying to figure out a way to make this work. I can't speak for the other schools in our district, but I know that there are some kids without computers at my school and we didn't have enough time to distribute them before the shelter-in-place order. It'll be interesting to see how things roll out in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a 1-to-1 with iPads and highly-motivated students. I teach computer science so it should be okay. But, all of my classes are AP courses and the AP just changed all of that up a few days ago. I think the computer classes will be a low priority for our students in the weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete