Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, March 27, 2022

Are Kellogg's Prices Not Coming Back? How About Trading?

 Sure, when I make a duplicate set I always end up needing the most expensive cards.  I won't list all of those here, but I always need Mays, Clemente, Rose, Ryan, etc.  

I have lots of extras to trade.  Are you looking to complete some sets or extra duplicates of your favorites?  Here are the cards that I am in most need of to complete sets in nice condition.

1.  Sure, like everyone else I'd love to get 1971s in nice condition but I am not willing to pay those prices.  I am currently working on off-condition cards so that I can get all of the variations.  I have no idea how many of my 1971s are in nice condition.  If I had to guess, I'd say only 15 - 20 of them are damage-free.

2.  1975s - I need Jon Matlack and Johnny Bench as upgrades.  I also need Brock, Hunter (A's), Grimsley, Garr, Buckner and Evans.

I've got a great collection of cracked Matlacks from 1975.


This card looks okay, but just like when buying Kellogg's cards online, it can be difficult to detect cracks.  One is obvious on the top right, but the card has other issues.  

3.  1974s - Goodson, Fisk, Palmer, Santo, Gibson.  The Gibson seems to be damaged frequently since it is card #1.

4.  1976s - Bench, Morgan, Jackson, Munson, Seaver

5.  1977s - Campaneris, Fingers, Brett, Jenkins, Foster, Norman, Garvey, Bostock, Carlton

6. 1978s - Schmidt, Luzinski, Carlton

7.  1979s - Yastrzemski, Reggie Jackson, Eckersley

8. 1980s - Carew.

9. 1973s - Kaline, Carew, Brock, Carlton

10. 1972s - Stargell, Lolich, Sanguillen, Wagner (All-Time Greats)

I have so many cracked cards that I also work on damaged sets.  There are lots of those that I am looking for as well.  Do you build sets that are cracked / damaged?  


Some of my favorite cards are in my damaged binder.  I might be able to make complete damaged sets from 1970 - 1980 since I have so many damaged cards.  Hard to believe, but I ended up with a lot of 1973s that are damaged.  They look like they spent a few years in someone's toy box.

I might go to the National.  Maybe we could trade there?

1 comment:

  1. I hope to one day make it out to The National. Won't be this year... but maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete