Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, March 5, 2022

What is Preferrred - SGC, PSA, Beckett?

 I picked up an SGC card, just to have one in to have in hand in case something else comes up that I want to buy.  Here it is.  


I don't know what to think about it since I really don't pay much attention to the few PSA-graded and Beckett graded cards in my collection.  I think that I have a 1974 Rose graded by PSA.  I will need to look at them together to see to get a better opinion about these grading services.

I know very little about the holders and if they could easily be cracked open.  I also know very little about the labels and if they could be easily forged.  The label above doesn't look to have a great level of detail on the front.  

Do people see lots of SGC Kellogg's cards?

2 comments:

  1. Can't speak for others, but I prefer PSA. I think Beckett has well made slabs, but 90% of my graded cards are PSA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSA is what most collectors prefer. There are so many grading companies out there right now it's getting harder and harder to tell if any is better than the other. In my conversations with dealers, most will tell you that they don't see the same return with other companies that they do with PSA. But your suspicion about forgeries is a legitimate concern, given a recent story I saw about a couple of nefarious actors at a card show in Texas.

    ReplyDelete