Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, March 27, 2022

What is the Least Amount of Cash You've Brought to a Card Show?

 Today I went to a card show on the way to visit my mother.  I had $13 in my pocket.  $1 went for admission to the show and $3 was spent on a 1970 Kellogg's Denny McLain.  


I doubt than many of the 40 or so dealers at this show would take credit cards or PayPal.  That's okay because I didn't plan to be at the show for a long time.  I still haven't bought any 2022 Topps cards so I didn't look to see if anyone even had a cheap box like Opening Day since I was so short on cash.

Driving away from the show I realized that I've never been to a show with less cash, even in 1976.  As a team in the mid-1970s I was fortunate enough to go to a few cards shows a year in the Chicagoland area.  I would save paper route money and caddie money for these shows.  I remember having $35 at the first show I attended.  That went a long way, especially when a 1954 Topps Al Kaline in great shape was $2.

Why did I only have $13?  My ATM card was canceled because our bank was bought recently.  I probably have a new card somewhere and I guess this gives me the impetus to find it.  I need to figure this out before the next show.  

1 comment:

  1. Not sure. I might have brought less than $13 to a card show back in the 80's when I was a kid. As an adult... I'm guessing $40 is the least I've brought.

    ReplyDelete