Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mickey Mantle Never Got a Kellogg's Card - Some Day I Will Create One

On this day in 1969 Mickey Mantle retired.  He needed to go a bit further to get himself into the 1970 Kellogg's baseball card set.  Too bad for everyone.  

Also on this day in 1969 Doug Creek was born.  I never heard of him so I looked him up.  He played for nine seasons between 1995 and 2005.  He pitched in 279 games including three with the Cubs but I have no idea who he is.  Why?  I never mentioned before that after the MLB strike in 1994 I decided to go on strike against them.  My strike only ended in 2005 because my son was following the White Sox run to the World Series.  I even went to a White Sox game in 1995 without watching a single play.  How did I do that?  My sister-in-law rented a suite for a birthday party for my brother.  I just sat facing away from the field about 450 feet from home plate.

So, none of this fits with Kellogg's yet.  I need to tie it together with Mickey Mantle and Doug Creek.  Put those together and I can come up with Mickey Rivers.  Future posts will examine some of his interesting quotes.


No comments:

Post a Comment