Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Always Enjoy Researching Homers and No-Hitters

In 1909 the Cubs began their quest for a third straight World Series win.  That didn't go so well.  On this day in 1909 Forbes Field construction began in Pittsburgh.  The stadium was open for 61 years and never had a no-hitter thrown there.  Three Rivers Stadium opened in 1970.

Pirates who had no-hitters on the road when Forbes Field was open - Cliff Chambers (1951), Bob Moose (1969) and Dock Ellis (1970).



Were there other stadiums without no-hitters?  I will need to look at this more.

Current stadiums without a no-hitter - Busch Stadium (opened in 2006), Target Field (2010), Yankee Stadium (2009)

The Padres are now the only team to never have a no-hitter.  They have been no-hit 9.5 times since their inception in 1969.  

I've seen a no-hitter at Old Comiskey and my wife and son saw one at New Comiskey.  In 1990 I went to a game in Seattle on 6-29.  On that day both Dave Stewart and Fernando Valenzuela threw no-hitters.  I picked the wrong park that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment