Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Birthday to Someone Whose Career Began Before I Was Born and Ended When I Was in College

Gaylord Perry turned 78 today.  He began his career before I was born.  By the time he'd played his last game I was more than halfway done with college.

Baseball-reference.com compares him most to Don Sutton, Bert Blyleven and Phi Niekro.  That seems about right to me.

Perry and his brother Jim both appeared in both the 1970 and 1971 sets.  Gaylord showed up in four more sets but Jim didn't get into another Kellogg's set.

Did any other brothers get into the same Kellogg's set even once?



No comments:

Post a Comment