Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Released and Retired?

On this day in 1986 George Foster was released by the White Sox.  He played his last game on the prior day.



Also on this day in 1991 Dave Parker was released by the Angels.  He finished out the season with the Blue Jays.



Although he played for a bunch of teams for 18 years, Jim Dwyer was released by the Cubs on this day in 1977.  He never played for the Cubs but his career continued until 1990.  Whey did I add him?  He was someone from a neighborhood not too far from ours, so kids dreamed of being like him.

That's all I've got for today.  I drove 400 miles today and I just got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment