Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Off to Indiana Tomorrow

I'm heading to Indiana.  I did a quick search to find out how many Indiana natives found their way onto a Kellogg's baseball card.  I thought that there would be a lot, but it turns out that they're a small bunch of four.  I hope my English teachers appreciate the grammar above even if it isn't great.

Tommy John appeared on three Kellogg's cards.  He was born in Terre Haute which I go to frequently for cross country meets.



Steve Hargan is from Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I drove through there recently and found a great sign with my family's name.



Dick Dietz is from Crawfordsville, home of Wabash College.  I've been there a few times for track meets.



Paul Splittorff is from Evansville.  I think we are headed there at the end of the cross country season.

1 comment:

  1. Very odd to see Tommy John as a Yankee on a Kellogg's card. Never knew such a thing.

    ReplyDelete