Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Factory Rejects From 1978 Kellogg's Baseball Packs?

I picked up a lot of unopened Kellogg's single-card packs last week.  As I mentioned before, the 1979 and 1980 packs are just not put together to remain unopened.  The 1978s have a great wrapper as do most of the other years.

I've seen many unopened cards through the years but the 1978s that I saw last week were lacking in quality control.  Check out these Bucky Dent and Mike Schmidt cards.


Check out the right side of this card.  It looks like there is not much of a right border.  That's because the card has been cut shorter there.


To confirm that the cards are cut shorter and not just off-center I added another 1978 card below.  The left edges are aligned and on the right it shows that the Schmidt card is certainly lacking the border on the right.

I've seen off-center cards but not cards that were cut too small.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  Did these packs get pulled before being inserted into cereal boxes?  



No comments:

Post a Comment