Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 18, 2016

Who Did This to Pie Traynor's Kellogg's Baseball Card?


Any why?  I've seen people write or type their names on the back, write a new team name on there or scribble a new position on a card.  This one I haven't seen.  Does anyone know what was used to do that?  It is well done too.



As a kid in the 1970s I assumed Traynor was one of the best players even since Kellogg's, Rold Gold and Topps told me that.  Now I hear that he's one of the worst players in the Hall of Fame.  Which is it?

3 comments:

  1. Without seeing it in person, it looks like tape residue. A kid may have folded tape into a circle so that half could be on the card, and then half stuck to a wall where he could always see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just too perfectly designed around his head and arm to think that it could be random. I think there was some kids craft that allowed one to transfer things like that but I wasn't crafty and never tried anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or a postage stamp.

    One of his Pirates teammates is another guy that some say don't belong in the HoF....Lloyd Waner.

    ReplyDelete