Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, August 14, 2017

Something I Hadn't Heard About the 1968 Topps 3-D Cards

The article below talks about the 1968 Topps 3-D cards.  Sure, I'd heard that they were distributed in the New York City area.  I also have mentioned the test cards that have appeared including Brooks Robinson and Rick Monday.

The article below mentions that there was a test card of an Italian soccer player.  That's one I haven't seen or heard of before.  Does anyone know about that?


http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1968_Topps_3-D



I will keep finding reasons to write about these cards just so I can post pictures of this Boog Powell.  Sure, it would be great to have the Clemente card, but this is a fantastic card.  Do I care that it is graded as a '3'?  Not at all.

3 comments:

  1. as a lifelong Orioles fan i would rather have the Boog Powell card than any other except maybe the Brooks Robinson card,was there a Frank Robinson card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason Bill Robinson made the cut and Frank did not. It is a great Boog Powell card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - One Day I will own a 1968 3D card... I hope..

    ReplyDelete