Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, February 11, 2021

A Purchase That I Never Made Before..........

 ....and I wasn't able to do today either.

I took a trip to The Dollar Store this afternoon with my daughter.  Many years ago I bought a bunch of Starting Lineup figures there for a dollar each but I don't remember the last time I saw cards at any of their stores.

I saw nothing today until we were in the checkout lane.  There I saw a pack of Star Wars cards.  I know nothing about the pack since I've never purchased a pack, even in the 1970s.  The pack seemed to have maybe three or four cards.

When scanning it my daughter mentioned that it made a noise like it was being stolen.  The guy at the register asked for assistance and the manager said somewhat jokingly that she couldn't sell me the pack because it wouldn't scan.  So, it caught me quite by surprise when she threw it about 10 feet into a box of stuff that I guess they cannot sell since the item number didn't register on their computer.

This was odd because everyone who's ever been to their stores could figure this one out - sell it for a dollar!  

I don't have a picture because the pack went to the Island of Misfit Items that we all know cost one dollar each. When my daughter goes back there I will ask her to check to see if the pack is still in that box.  

On the bright side, I got a few Kellogg's hockey cards in the mail today along with a couple of 1970 baseball common cards that I need.  

Has anyone found cards at The Dollar Store in recent times?

2 comments:

  1. I rarely go to The Dollar Store... maybe 3x a year. The last time I went was over the summer to look for poster board, but I don't remember if I even looked for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the repacks in over a year. Occasionally I've seen the small 4-packs of Donruss, but even that's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete