Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, November 25, 2022

1970s Topps Rivals - Kellogg's & Hostess

I have some of my Hostess cards from the 1970s as well as some of the three-card panels.  I never collected full boxes like the one below.  Now, I prefer the full boxes because I get the memories of both the cards and the treats that I ate way too often during those years.  


 Some of these 1975 complete boxes are easy to find online and they are not that expensive.  Other boxes can cost a lot more money.  

Does anyone collect these boxes?  Before COVID I got 45 different full boxes.  I have 22 duplicates that I hope will help me get a few more different ones.  

6 comments:

  1. I don't collect those boxes, but I can definitely see how they increase the nostalgia factor compared with the panels alone. How do you store them/display them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Storing them is easy - they fit well in USPS Priority Mail Boxes. I only have one on display at home and I made no frame or anything for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good to know, thank you! Maybe I'll pick up a full box one day.

      Delete
    2. I have a bunch of duplicates. I prefer to trade them for ones that I need since I don't see them often in my price range nowadays.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome that someone back in the 70's had the foresight to keep these boxes complete. I don't own any (in fact... only have a handful of Hostess panels), but if I found any at a reasonable price I'd grab them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad there is no Tony Gwynn or Rickey Henderson boxes. Do you have any favorites that appear in the Hostess sets?

    ReplyDelete