Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, November 19, 2022

Rosemont, IL Card Show Today

 I attended the show today and I had unlimited time, so it was quite enjoyable.  Sure, I only stayed two hours, but that allowed me to do everything that I wanted to do.

These small purchases add up to being the most cards I've picked up in a long time.  

Why did I stay only two hours?  I enjoyed spending time at many tables, but I don't collect new cards much or Pokemon cards at all, so that allowed me to skip a lot of booths.  There was a better variety of displays than usual.  Besides the old cards, there was lots of pennants, oddball cards, etc.  I enjoyed looking at lots of that stuff, but I didn't see any miscellaneous Kellogg's stuff.

The crowds were quite large.  It seemed like there was lots of buying going on around the room.  The autograph section of the room was crowded, but I didn't go to that area at all.

I was surprised to get this Roberto Clemente card.  I've only see any of these cards at the National.  Sure, I've found them on ebay, but they don't show up at a decent price often.  This one is still in the original wrapper.  


The 1959 White Sox team card drew me to a 50-cent box.  Odd, since I am a Cubs fan.  In that box I found a bunch of the Kellogg's cards shown without top loaders.  Boog Powell and Denny McLain seem to be hard for me to find in nice condition.  


I found another stack of 1976s that I bought for $1 each.  A few of these cards, like Eckersley, have backs that are off center.  The front looks fine, so that is enough for me.  

One dealer had a huge lot of 1975s and they were mostly without cracks.  I was prepared to overpay a bit, but he didn't have Jon Matlack or Johnny Bench.

I posted a while back about the 1976 Mike Hargrove and its print marks  - 1976 Mike Hargrove Print Marks.  Someone wondered how I had so many of this card.  Well, as usual, I came home with two more of them today.  Hard to pass up in nice condition for under $1.

I have yet to check to see which variations I have for the 1976s.  I think the only one I need is Kaat, and he wasn't found today.  

The experience today makes me want to go to another show before the end of the year.  I will have to check the schedules.

Did any of you attend the show?

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow. Those are some sweet finds. Love the 1976 singles for a buck. I dream of stumbling across one of these dealers whenever I attend a show.

    Haven't attended a show in over a month... but I'll probably go to one in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room is never bright enough to get a good look at the Kellogg's cards. I need to find a close enough light source to even see if the card has cracks. A few times I have missed cracks, but this group turned out okay. Cracks are easy to spot on 1976s, but the 1975s can be tough to assess when they are not 100% flat.

    ReplyDelete