Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, April 20, 2015

Unique Kellogg's Card Items on Beckett's Auction Site and a Rookie Mistake

While doing a generic search I found some Kellogg's items on the Beckett Auction site.  There were some great uncut sheets and proof cards.

Did I mention that I've never used the Beckett Auction site before?  Did I mention that I didn't read the bidding rules?  My assumption was that the uncut sheets would probably cost a lot more than I was ready to spend, so I was just on the site watching those items during the last day of the auction.



I ended up bidding on some of the proof cards and I decided to put a bid in on one of the uncut sheets.  The bids that I made were a few hours before the scheduled end of bidding at 9:15 p.m.

At 9:05 p.m. I checked out some of the auctions and decided to bid.  Warning! Rookie mistake to follow.  I entered a bid and got a message that I'm not allowed to bid on the item.  A quick check of the rules stated that after 9:00 p.m. on the closing night of the auction only those who had already placed a bid on an item would be allowed to make another bid on that item.  I guess next time I will review the rules and figure out what time zone they are referring to with their 9:00 p.m. deadline.  

So, I saw lots of prices that were lower than I would have thought, but I was shut out of some great stuff that I haven't seen at shows or on e-bay.  If you bought any of that stuff and have buyers remorse send me a note and we can make a deal.    

I will wait until I receive the cards to display items that I purchased in the auction.  It will be exciting to add a new card to my Kellogg's collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment