Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Great Memories of My Dutch Friend - The Piano Story Might Fit in Some Other Time

I went for a run in an ice storm yesterday.  Not many people out - just the lunatics like me.  I crossed paths with a few long-time running friends and we ran together for about 30 minutes.  It was great catching up with them.

I probably hadn't seen these guys in six months or more.  At some point the discussion turned to remembering friends who were recently deceased.  Since we were in a running group together a long time ago we've got lots of mutual friends.

At some point I reminded them that a good friend passed away earlier in the year.  My friend was quite a unique guy.  The three of us enjoyed reminiscing about our Dutch friend for a mile or two.

My friend had come to the USA from Holland as a young adult.  He was quite proud to mention if a well-known person or company was Dutch.  I knew of one Dutch player that my friend always mentioned.  Surprisingly, there have been 12 MLB players born in The Netherlands as it is listed on the Lahman database.


None of the other 11 were stars like Blyleven.  Win Remmerswaal was the only one I recognized and that's only because he got himself onto some baseball cards.

Thanks to my three friends for helping me take a nice walk down memory lane and get a story for today.  

UPDATE - Immediately after finishing the post I went to the laundry room.  There I saw a reminder of my friend who sold us some storage items from one of his Dutch businesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment