Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 27, 2015

Kellogg's Proof Cards - Here is Another One That Differs From the Regular Issue

I've got about 15-20 proof cards from different years.  They are all graded and labelled as proof cards, but I don't know much else about them.

A while back (Hickman Post) I found that the Jim Hickman from 1971 had a different background in the proof than appeared in the card issued.  I've found a few more differences with some begin subtle.  Today's wasn't obvious to me but it should have been.

I have a 1970 Billy Williams proof.  I noticed yesterday that everything seemed the same as the normal card.  I checked the background, the picture of him, his bat, etc.  Nothing seemed different.  That was too bad since he was my favorite player when I was a kid.




Then I put the cards side-by-side and the difference was obvious.  Kellogg's moved his signature to the top of the card when they issued it in cereal boxes.  Now I'm going to try to see if any of the regular cards appear with the signature in the location that the proof shows.  If anyone has one let me know.

For those who have to have everything as player collectors you might want to check out Kellogg's proof cards.

2 comments:

  1. Can you show your Proof Cards here? How many from each year did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to dig them out soon. Do you have some of these?

    ReplyDelete