Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Old Baseball Stadiums and What Ballparks are Shown on Kellogg's Cards?

I loved the early Donruss cards that featured so many pictures of Comiskey Park and Wrigley Field.   I've been to each park many times and it's great to see Comiskey and see the old Wrigley Field outfield with the catwalk.  If you don't know what the catwalk was at Wrigley Field check out some old photos or 1981 Donruss cards.  

What ballparks are featured on the Kellogg's cards?  Is it a real park or not?  I've got some research to do on this.  









Only six of the current MLB ballparks are old enough to have been used for Kellogg's cards in their regular run from 1970 to 1983.  If it wasn't for the 1994 baseball strike I would have been to all of these parks.  I had a trip set in August of 1994 to visit the west coast and go to games everywhere.  The strike messed that up and I went on strike against baseball for over 10 years.  

Those six parks are Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Dodger Stadium, Anaheim Stadium, Oakland Alameda County Coliseum and Royals Stadium.  Sorry, I either don't know the new names of all of these parks and/or I refuse to use the every-changing sponsor naming.

The big surprise for me to see in this research relates to New Comiskey Park as it was known back in 1991.  Comiskey is now the 9th oldest field in use by MLB.    


No comments:

Post a Comment