Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, February 13, 2017

Looking a Bit Closer at the 1976 Set and Centering

I was putting away the 1976 cards that I bought recently and I looked more into the centering on the back of the cards.

The front centering was fine for every card.  The back centering was poor on every third card starting with card #4 Randy Jones.  That seemed odd but I remembered that these cards were printed on three sheets of 18 and a fourth sheet for #1, #2 and #3.  Here is the sheet below that contains card #4 and every third card after that.


This is another sheet that I don't own.  I doubt that I will get another chance to own these sheets.

I don't know what people think when the front of the card is fine and the back has centering issues top to bottom.  I've seen this a lot but I hadn't noticed it in a set that I bought.  I will check this out when going through my cards when summer begins.

Unfortunately, this group contains Eckersley and Rose as well as six other Hall of Famers.  Am I concerned?  No, but I wonder if anyone has seen this happen with centering on the front of these cards.

The remaining cards that I show from the 1976 set will come from my recent purchase.  You'll easily be able to see the centering difference on one card for each group of three that I discuss each day.  I didn't plan on three at a time for this reason at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment