Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Why Am I Thinking About 1968 Topps 3-D Cards?

There are lots of storms here tonight.  I hope everyone is safe.  The first thing I heard on the news just now was 3D radar, then storm tops and baseball-sized hail.  Of course I immediately heard Topps 3-D Baseball.

I still have only one of the 1968 Topps 3-D cards.  From all I've read it sounds like they originated in New York.  Does anyone have these cards?  What are your stories?


This morning I also heard that Chicago has had no measurable snowfall in the months of January or February this year.  It was reported that this had never occurred before since whatever year they started tracking this stuff. 

4 comments:

  1. Iconic design. I think I might have two or three of the 2012 Archives inserts... but I've never owned or even seen an original 1968 in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of those, but I've not tried to complete the set yet. Those Topps inserts are always a challenge to get once they are not new. When they were new I was too cheap to pay for them. Great cards.

      Delete
  2. These were Topps test issues. Very few hitbthe market. Super tough to find. Had my eye on. Lonborg card my friend/ dealer had. He ended up trading it for a Babe Ruth auto and a Tom Brady game used shirt. He had it priced at 5,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to have one, even if it is the player that I remember least from that time.

    ReplyDelete