Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, July 11, 2015

Do You Still Love Your Less Than Perfect Kellogg's Cards?

If you looked closely yesterday you would have noticed that I pictured some cards that were in less than perfect condition.  My binder with the damaged cards is easy to find, so I tend to use it for some photos.  I love looking at these cards because they are survivors.  

Some of my damaged cards come from my collection when we didn't have pages or Card Savers or 800-count boxes.  Some cards looked good but they cracked due to the way they were created and/or the temperature/humidity where the cards resided.  

This card has a lot going on.  Today I printed it larger so you can see all of what I see.


How do I love thee.  Let me count the ways.

1.  Sure there are some cracks due to how Kellogg's did their printing but I think lots of these ones were because the card was in someone's pocket for a few weeks.

2.  The discoloration can happen when the card is left out in the light.  This is more likely for this card since George Foster is card #1 in the set.  If the cards were sorted in order he'd be on top.  The discoloration is too severe for just that.  It looks like someone had some 5-Star Chili and used George for a napkin.  

3.  The edges of the card show all sorts of issues.  This card was certainly loved in 1977.

4.  The back of the card.  I can't look at it yet until I find better gloves to protect myself.  More on that later.




No comments:

Post a Comment