Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, July 31, 2015

The Least Amount of Money I've Spent at a National - and I Still Got a Great Kellogg's Item

For the second year in a row I didn't buy much at the National Card Show.  I sped through the show floor in 2 1/2 hours so I certainly missed lots of stuff.  Then I went through again without looking through boxes of cards.  Now the focus would be on items on the tables and not in the boxes.

I only purchased two Kellogg's cards.  They were less than a dollar each.  At the last National in Chicago I bought a bunch of newer Kellogg's cards for 10 cents each.

At a booth without cards I spotted the Babe Ruth Display that accompanied the 1972 Kellogg's Baseball Greats card set.  No cards were attached and there were a few crease, but the item displayed well.  I was quick to make a deal on this item since I had one bought on ebay a few years ago and it was never delivered.



The earlier ebay purchase was made on the display which included the cards.  First I was told that the package was lost, then it was damaged and returned to the sender.  At that point I said I still wanted the item.  That changed the story again, to something I can't remember.  I'm sure that the seller wasn't happy with the winning bid and/or they received more money from someone else.  Now, I finally have this display item.

One of my other goals at the show involved finding someone to talk to about Kellogg's cards.  I hit the jackpot on this one.  More tomorrow on this conversation and a non-Kellogg's card that I held at the show.  I'm fairly certain I won't ever hold this card again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment