Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, July 13, 2015

Has Anyone Ever Told You That You Look Like..... A Guy on a Kellogg's Card

I spent lots of my time searching for cards with one of my friends.  We'd go about a mile in any direction on our bikes to see which stores had packs in stock.

Usually, the packs were kept on the counter near the register, but at a few places the cards would just be mixed in with all of the gum and candy.  The quick scan of the candy boxes at those stores was fun.  Seeing a box of cards between the Charleston Chews and Marathon Candy Bars made for a great day.

Whenever I see a Lance Parrish card it brings back great memories from my younger card collecting days.  He entered the league in 1977 when I was already big on these bike trips in search of cards.  I was never a big fan of his or anything but there was just something about his card that brought back great memories.

It turns out my friend grew up to look a lot like Lance Parrish.  There are songs that remind me of people, but not many cards that do.  Any time I see a Lance Parrish card I can easily think back to chasing cards at White Hen, Crestline Drugs, Dairy Queen and many other stores whose names elude me.


Thanks Lance.




No comments:

Post a Comment