Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Which is Harder to Do - Make the All-Star Team or Get on A Kellogg's Card?

I'll need to continue to research which is harder to do.  I'm using two different database software programs to do my research.  Only one of the two has my Kelloggs database linked to the baseball stats.  I will need to add the other before easily finding out all of the Kellogg's players who didn't get into an All-Star lineup and all of the All-Stars who didn't get a Kellogg's card.  Stay tuned.

I looked through my 1982 Kellogg's set and quickly found Neil Allen who didn't make an All-Star team.  When I pulled his card from the 9-pocket sheet, I decided to check the card behind him.  Sure enough, John Castino didn't make an All-Star team either.  Now I want to get the stats going.  It might take a few days since I am busy at work.

Both players made it to the big leagues in 1979.





Castino was the 1979 AL Rookie of the Year.  He was born in Evanston, IL near Northwestern University.

No comments:

Post a Comment