Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Favorite Kellogg's Set - How Does 1976 Rank?

Just like the Hostess cards from 1976, Kellogg's managed to get the red, white and blue color scheme for the USA's bicentennial.

I really liked how the color scheme accentuated the red, white and blue combo.  It really allows the uniform colors to stand out.  I prefer this to the blue borders.





The Red in the White Sox uniform looked great in 1976.




I remember getting the Madlock card from a box of Frosted Flakes.  It is one of my favorites.



Simmons played well for the Cardinals and Brewers.


Marty Perez - I was surprised to see him included in this set.



Morgan was at the height of his career.  Not, that wasn't a short joke.



Eckersley was one of those chances that Kellogg's took.  This one worked out well, but I certainly wasn't excited to see this card in 1976.


That's a great helmet too.

Player selection in 1976 was good, not great.  The great design makes up for that a bit.  Stars include Pete Rose, Reggie Jackson, Tom Seaver, Jim Palmer, Gary Carter, Lou Brock, Rod Carew and Thurman Munson.

It would have been great had they included Robin Yount, George Brett and Hank Aaron as a Brewer.

This set is one of my three favorite Kellogg's sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment