Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, November 29, 2015

What Caused Me to Stop Organizing My Kellogg's Cards?

Since I'm still kind of incapacitated I spent the last few days organizing my Kellogg's cards.  I haven't done this since the Spring, so there was lots to do.

I tried to see if I could make duplicate sets.  I also tried to make sets from my stacks of damaged cards.  Things were going well until something derailed me.

The 1980 set is one of my favorites in terms of player selection.  I don't like the size of the cards or the backs either.  The backs were the real problem for me and probably everyone else over the age of 40.  Since I can't see the numbers well it is painful to put them in number order.  This is even worse that the Sportscaster card numbers.

So, I lost my energy for this and gave up.  Tomorrow is my last day off so I hope that I get motivated to suffer through the small numbers.  Yes, I have a magnifying glass, but that is slow to use as well.

For earlier Kellogg's sets I am pretty good at knowing everyone's card number or at least their approximate number.  For the 1980-1983 sets I ended up buying lots of complete sets since they were so cheap.  That didn't force me to learn the card numbers.  Maybe I will try that.


No comments:

Post a Comment