Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, November 19, 2019

1980 Kellogg's 1-Card Packs and PSA Stats


I've mentioned a few times that the 1980 packs from the cereal boxes don't have a great seal.  It is certainly different from other years in that regard.  I checked PSA's population report and there is only one graded pack, a Nolan Ryan.

Does this vary from 1979 much?  Nope.  Just one Willie McCovey.  The most Kellogg's packs graded for any year of Kellogg's cards is 36.  Not much going on for these cards. 

For 1980 cards almost 5,000 have been graded and over 33% have been graded as 10s.  Over 40 of each card has been graded.  Really?  Nolan Ryan, George Brett and Pete Rose have been graded the most frequently.

There are lots of unopened sets around so I don't think that getting a 10 for a common is a big deal.  Are there any 10s in short supply?  Card #1, Ross Grimsley, checks in with the least 10s with only 12.








4 comments:

  1. what do you know about unopened 1973 Kelloggs? I only have 1 but that was the first year I actually coolected them from the cereal box...by the way thank you for your site, I have been obsessed with the 3D cards as long as I can remember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unopened 1973s look great. The wrapper color seems to have aged well. I've got a lot of them. Those that I am looking for are listed on the right-side of my blog's home page.

      If you have more things to add to the site please pass it along. I started this because I couldn't find lots of information on Kellogg's cards. I began collecting them in 1970 but I didn't get many until 1973-1974.

      Delete
  2. Out of all of my graded cards, I enjoy my Kellogg's the most. I feel like it's the perfect combination, since they tend to curl and crack over time. I wonder how often non-cracked Kellogg's cards get slabbed... and crack later on down the line. I sure hope mine never do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't sent any card in for grading so I won't have any way to really study that other than checking out some of the cards that I already have that are graded. Maybe I will send some when I am not paying college tuition - that's a long time from now.

    ReplyDelete