Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, November 25, 2019

Rosemont Card Show Post #2

I did get some Kellogg's cards at the show on Saturday as well.



The table with piles on 0.50 items had the Kellogg's sets shown above.  Since that was the price for the entire set I just bought all 32 of them that I found.  Since there was stuff everywhere, there were probably more of these sets at this table but I was content with what I found.

All of the sets were the American version.  I rarely ever see the Canadian version of these cards, which have French and English text on the back.

As I looked closer at the sets, three of them were in packages that were no longer sealed.  Mike Schmidt was the top card on one of them and his card was quite discolored.  All three have been opened and only the one Schmidt card was damaged.

Yes, I know the first step is admitting that I have a problem.  I definitely have a problem.  At least I am keeping it affordable.


I couldn't resist the above cards either at the same price.  So, I bought a Carew in a pack for the same price that I got an entire sealed set with Carew in it.  Does that make sense?




There were a few dealers with a nice selection of Kellogg's cards.  I spent $10 on a Unitas because I never find nice ones.  I rarely spend that much on an individual card.  I struggle to find the first 10 cards in the 1974 set in nice condition so I was happy to get some of them.

There were a handful of dealers with hand-collated sets, but none were in my price range.  I didn't get to add any unopened packs that I needed and I saw no factory sets.

I added a few 1970 Kellogg's baseball cards.  I am still trying to fill a few needs there.  I should add them to my blog's want list.

Did anyone else get Kellogg's cards at this show?

2 comments:

  1. Some of my finest card show purchases involve Kellogg's cards... but I gotta admit they're few and far between. As for those Kellogg's sets... 50¢ is a steal. I purchased my set a while back for $4.50 free shipping on eBay, so you should easily be able to recover your money if that's your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be a hoarder. I haven't found time in a few years to sell anything.

    ReplyDelete