Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, November 30, 2019

Hit or Miss With Online Purchases

Do you ever use the Buy It Now on a cheap ebay item before reading the fine print or without seeing a quality image?  I've done that three times this year including once this week. 


I bought the 1991 Kellogg's Legends of Baseball set because the price was too good to pass up.  The Carew card shown didn't look great and I made very little effort to look closer at it.  I decided that if the Clemente card was in good shape it would be worth it to me.  I was quite surprised when this arrived today.



I guess I didn't look close enough to realize that this was a sealed set.  That was a great surprise.  

Earlier this month I grabbed a lot of 17 cards from ebay assuming by the price and the poor pictures that they were probably cracked.  Getting some 1972s that weren't cracked was a nice surprise.

The third one I remember from this year didn't turn out as well as the two recent ones.  I bought a set of 1978 Kellogg's without looking at much since it was really cheap ($15?).  As you'd expect, most of them were cracked but they were in good condition.  

I know I've certainly made a few other mistakes with online purchases, including mistakes of being too cheap to bid higher on a few big lots, promo cards and uncut sheets.  Live and learn.

Luckily I am cheap so I just move on in my stupidity.  Does anyone else make mistakes like this?




2 comments:

  1. I make this mistake at least once a year. My favorite was a bought a mid 90's box of football cards... thinking it was an unopened box of cards. Nope. It was literally the box without any packs. Lol. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminded me of two other times where I did something similar.

    ReplyDelete