Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 1, 2019

1980 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #54 Lance Parrish



Every time I see this card I think of one of my best friends from childhood.  He really looked a lot like Lance Parrish.  





After reading the back of some Sportscaster cards for my other blog, these 1980 Kellogg's baseball backs seem way too boring.  I will write about the Sportscaster backs when I am off around the holidays. 

Parrish was a first round draft pick of the Tigers in 1974.  Since I didn't find most of the other text interesting, let's check out that 1974 draft.

Who was selected ahead of Parrish (16th by the Tigers)?  Billy Almon, Tommy Boggs, Lonnie Smith,  Tom Brennan, Dale Murphy, Scot Thompson, Rod Scurry, Garry Templeton and others I don't know much about. 

Others selected in the first round after Parrish - Willie Wilson, Rick Sutcliffe, Rich Dauer,

Paul Molitor was drafted 585th but didn't since.  He was drafted again in 1977. 

Mark Fidrych was drafted 231st by the Tigers.


1 comment:

  1. Parrish sure had one heck of a career. Seemed like he made the all-star team every year back in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete