Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, December 31, 2019

1973s and 1974s Along With Another 2020 Goal

I finished organizing my Kellogg's cards from 1973 and 1974.  The 1973s were easy to do since I rarely get any of them.  What also makes them easy to organize?  No cracks.  I have some with edges that have lost their luster or rounded corners like 1970s Topps cards, but that is less prevalent than the problems I have with Kellogg's cards from other years.

I've always liked the 1973s and I will continue to do so.  I did get cards from a factory set and it is a low risk purchase since the cards can't be cracked. 

The 1974s were the first set that I finished as a kid who was addicted to Sugar Frosted Flakes.  I did it by eating lots of cereal and trading with friends.   I don't remember how long it took to finish the set.  It was probably at least a year.

After sorting my 1974s I realize that I am still in the same place as last year.  I can't seem to find cards 1 - 10 without major cracks.  That is now near the top of my goals for 2020.  I am going to actively seek these cards via trade, purchase, etc.

There is one problem with my plan.  Nolan Ryan is card number 8.  Sometimes I think I might as well buy the entire set rather than spend $20+ on the Ryan card.  I am going to track that next year and see what set prices are like as well as Ryans that are not graded. 


2 comments:

  1. I had the opportunity to buy the 1973 set... but passed because it wasn't lenticular. I regret that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I learned what the word lenticular meant.

    ReplyDelete